What to Expect
FREE CONSULTATION & INITIAL EXAM
At this first visit, our aim is to provide patients with the information they need to make an informed decision about orthodontic care. This initial consultation is FREE and takes about 45 minutes to an hour.This appointment includes:
- Review of medical/dental history
- Diagnostic photographs and digital x-ray
- Thorough clinical exam with Dr. Baldwin
Dr. Baldwin will discuss any existing orthodontic concerns and answer questions or concerns. She will explain if she believes treatment is necessary, discuss different treatment options, and recommend an optimal time to begin. Patients will be provided with an estimate of the cost treatment and a plan for how long it will take.
Occasionally, especially in complicated cases, Dr. Baldwin will recommend obtaining further records and information, for example a 3D x-ray or consultation with another dental specialist, in order to gain a deeper understanding of the situation before treatment options are discussed. In these cases, a secondary appointment may be required will be scheduled following receipt and review of additional information in order to present findings, discuss options and provide recommendations.
Easy & Flexible Financing
Orthodontic fees depend on the severity of the patient’s problem, type of appliance used to straighten the teeth, and the length of time in treatment. Before any treatment begins, you will be able to discuss fees and payment options. We have payment plans to suit different budgets, and try to keep orthodontic costs affordable while maintaining the highest level of professional care.
For those with insurance, we will help determine available coverage and submit all necessary paperwork for claims. Any contract balance, not covered by insurance is the sole responsibility of the patient or parent.Orthodontic treatment is an investment in the future.
We want a beautiful smile to be affordable for everyone.
- Payment by cash, personal check, or credit card.
- A pay-in-full discount for full payment at the start of treatment.
- Flexible downpayment options, with payment of the balance over the course of treatment, including:
- Automatic payment options via credit card.
- Financing at 0% interest over the course of treatment.
- A family discount to families with multiple patients in treatment
We are pleased to offer the following financial options:
- Payment plans are based on the balance of the fee not covered by insurance, after the initial down payment.
- Down payments are required prior to initial bonding or fabrication of custom appliances
- For insurance carriers, all discounts are applied to the balance of the fee not covered by insurance
- In cases of serious payment delinquency, treatment will be discontinued, although we will make every effort to accommodate patients with temporary difficulties.
We make every effort to be on time for our patients, and ask that you extend the same courtesy. If you are more than 10 minutes late for an appointment, you may be asked to wait or reschedule in fairness to other patients. We understand, at times, that appointments cannot be kept. In these cases, we ask that you provide 24 hours notice to reschedule an appointment.